Monday, November 15, 2010

Back to Earth

I have ammonia problems again. I had stripped all my diapers and thought I solved the problem, but apparently not. I was feeling very frustrated that I couldn't solve the problem. I know many CD parents like the challenge of determining the problem, and then fixing it, but I don't. I don't want stink issues.

I even gave a fleeting thought to throwing in the towel...

Then I had a blow out. I put one disposable on Little Man while I stripped my diapers again, and he had a blow out. Poop up his back, down his legs, all over his clothes. I had forgotten about blow outs - we don't have them with cloth.

And so I was brought back down to earth. Yes, there are sometimes stink issues and problems to overcome, but I don't have blow outs, I'm saving money, and I'm not leaving mounds of disposable diapers in landfills for years to come.

It's nice to be back on Earth.

1 comment:

Mama Mel said...

Just used a disposable last night and had the same experience! blow out.. poop all over her back. I feel ya sista! Cloth has its stinky drawbacks but its way better than a blow out.

check out my blog if you like!
http://mydaughtersmama.blogspot.com/