Monday, November 1, 2010

Snaps vs Hook and Loop, yet again

Wow, I didn't even realize I've been off the radar for about a month. Life sure does have a way of scooping me up and carrying me along without my even realizing time is passing.

I know the Snaps vs Hook & Loop debate rages hither and yon. I'm not sure I have anything new and valuable to add to the discussion, but I think I am a classic example of how one can go back and forth on the issue. I've been a fan of hook & loop from the start, but I can see the benefit of snaps. I've even been buying snaps when I buy large diapers, thinking I'll need them as Little Man becomes better at removing his diapers. Then he entered the squirmy phase. It is becoming increasingly difficult to get his diaper changed and if it's snaps - forget it! The rolling and tossing and crying make it very difficult to secure the snaps. 

Thank goodness for hook and loop...until the next phase...


1 comment:

scody said...

Yes, I didn't used to think that hook & loop was a problem. But now that we've been using and washing the diapers for almost two years, the hook & loop is curling and not working as well AND my toddler can pull it off herself. It's fine if she's in the mood for potty-cooperation. Otherwise, not so much!